Recuva is a freeware tool for Windows that can help you recover your files, which are accidentally removed from your computer. This includes files accidentally from the Recycle bin as well as images and other files that have been deleted by a user error from memory cards or external devices, such as MP3 players. With Recuva, you can even recover ‘lost’ files due to bugs, crashes, or viruses. Unlike most file recovery tools, Recuva can restore files from damaged or newly installed drivers. More flexible Regions have a better chance of getting your data. Recuva comes with an enhanced scan feature that pulls your drive to retrieve any downloads of files you’ve deleted.
Recuva also has a security feature that allows you to destroy a file, so that it can no longer be found using standard software recovery tools. Using industry and standard military removal methods to make sure that your files remain deleted, Recuva’s secure replication feature ensures that your data remains as confidential as possible.
Key Features of Recuva:
- It’s easy to use interface – just click ‘Scan’ and select the files you want to recover.
- It’s easy to use the resulting filter depending on the file name/type.
- A simple Windows interface like List and Tree view.
- It can be started on a six USB drive.
- Returns all file types, including office documents, pictures, video, music, email, etc.
- Supports FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, NTFS5, NTFS + EFS file system.
- Restores files from removable media such as digital cameras, memory sticks, CF cards, Smart Media cards, SD cards, etc.)
- Restores files from external ZIP drivers, Firewire, and USB hard drive.
- Lightweight and fast.